ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Nice find Terry. I couldnt open your link on my iphone due to subscription issues: here is the article if anyone else is having the same problem:

A company backed by Fortescue chairman Andrew Forrest and relying on science by Professor Ian Frazer, Admedus, has revealed strong results from a trial of its genital herpes vaccine.

The results from its Phase I Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-2) vaccine showed 95 per cent of the 20 participants had a positive response to the treatment.
    The vaccine relies on Professor Frazer’s immunotherapy technology, which he successfully used to develop a vaccine for the Human Papillomavirus, distributed as Gardasil and Cervarix.
    The trial showed that the vaccine triggered the T-cells — the virus-killer cells released by the body’s immune system to fight diseases — in participants after it was administered. Importantly, Admedus’s first trial of its herpes vaccine also showed that the T-cell response was dependent on the amount of the vaccine the participants received.
    “The clean safety profile and strong dose-dependent cellular immune responses observed, following intradermal injection of the HSV-2 vaccine in this study, were as expected with this vaccine technology,” Professor Frazer said. Admedus will now move into a Phase II trial.
    HSV-2 is responsible for most genital herpes cases, a condition that can be treated but not cured.
    The incidence of the virus is high, with an estimated one in six people in America aged 14 to 49 having contracted the infection.
    There is hope the vaccine will result in a “functional cure”, where the virus is cleared from the bloodstream, dramatically reducing the threat posed by the virus, which often lurks in the spinal chord.
    The Admedus-sponsored vaccine also has the potential to help to reduce the amount of HPV virus in the bloodstream, thereby lowering the chances that sufferers will develop cervical cancer.
    Admedus chief executive Lee Rodne said the results from the vaccine trial were encouraging.
    “We will continue advancing our vaccines to treat Human Papillomavirus and cervical cancer” he said.
    Admedus fell 0.5c to 14c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.