MCT 0.00% 0.2¢ metalicity limited

Ann: Admiral Bay Zinc Project Acquisition Update, page-219

1. 5,714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 415

This Industrial Metal Is Leaving Gold in the Dust

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article50414.html

Falling Well Short of Demand

We can always open more mines, right? Unfortunately, no. The problem is zinc is not a particularly abundant element. It makes up only 0.007% of the Earth's crust. Miners looking for big, new zinc deposits have gone as far as Greenland. And they’re still looking.
    To make matters worse, mine supply is already not meeting demand. The world’s refined zinc supply fell 310,000 metric tons short of demand last year. That’s the largest dip since 2005, according to International Lead & Zinc Study Group data.
    The gap could expand to nearly 2 million tons by 2017.
    To meet demand, the difference is taken out of zinc stockpiles. In the past year, the London Metals Exchange warehouses have seen their reserves drop 40%.
    This likely means zinc prices will go higher. In fact, they could rise as high as $1.09 per pound by year-end, according to my sources. That’s a 9% climb from recent prices.
    But let’s say a new big deposit is discovered. And let’s also say it’s rushed into production at twice the rate that most mines are developed. That would still mean five years until more supply hits the market.
    How will the supply/demand gap be bridged in the meantime? I think by higher prices. Zinc isn’t waiting around, either. It’s already heading higher.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.971M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $1.173K 586.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 52295653 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 49974846 57
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MCT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.