WDS 1.05% $27.24 woodside energy group ltd

Ann: Admission to trading on the London Stock Exchange, page-18

1. MTV
    1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 594
    I think we are now well through the bottom of the SP cycle. News is all positive:

Oil trading @ circa US$120
    New listings on NYSE & LSE
    A return to energy realism post-election

No significant negative side that I can see:

Sovereign risk in Australia
    Virtually nil - Labor has already tried a resource rent tax and failed, and at a time when there was a far better case to made. They won't be inclined to try it again and the greens lack negotiating power to force the issue. The talk of government intervention to fix the gas shortage in eastern states applies mainly to QLD LNG production and does not affect WDS.

Interest rates going up
    So what? Debt is closely managed, and is largely fixed rate with terms of several years. Debt will be reduced in any case, with planned sell-downs in near future (standard industry risk-spreading strategy) - best time in years to be doing so as well.
    On marketing side, demand is still recovering post-COVID and is not going to be stopped by even 5% interest. I can't see COVID in china much reducing their demand for LNG. Global supply remains constrained and sanctions on Russia can only exacerbate the situation.

NB: The above comments are opinion only and should not be construed as financial advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.24
Change
-0.290(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $51.72B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.05 $27.47 $26.93 $181.5M 6.672M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 43921 $27.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.28 37541 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.