AEF 0.46% $4.32 australian ethical investment limited

Number of members is not my guide stick for company performance....

1. 1,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    Number of members is not my guide stick for company performance. Telstra has many customers - doesn't make that a good investment. Sold those shares at $8 at a time when I thought growth was stalling and yield was very low 2% with payout ratio extremely high.
    Yes, fees are still high and Phil Vernon will reduce fees over the next 5 years. The company has the ability to reduce fees when FUM grows but this year the board decided to increase expenses by putting on staff and maybe sometime next year if staff expansion has slowed then fee reductions can recommence. I understand the fees charged is likely to be a moderate barrier to entry but data suggests in-flows are strong. However, I think they can do better once fees are reduced by 30% with steady incremental reductions.
    Although I sold Telstra at similar yield and PE ratio, the big differences are the massive growth potential in ethical investing, internet based promotion/processing that significantly staffing costs and rental on office space and the loyal base of investors that stand by their investment with the trickle top ups of superannuation monies. Ooooh yes, the investment performance is superior to most, negating some of the additional admin/entry/annual fees.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.32
Change
-0.020(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $487.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.29 $4.42 $4.25 $306.9K 71.00K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 371 $4.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.33 464 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.