AIS 6.52% 24.5¢ aeris resources limited

Ann: AERIS REPORTS HALF YEAR NET PROFIT OF $45.9M, page-368

1. 8,581 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 907
    There is no perfect formula in how any company is valued - it is also apparent from looking at say Morningstar's valuations that their perception of SP valuations change pretty much on a weekly (if not daily) basis on what one can only assume on a whim.

The only true valuation is where the SP sits currently - anything else just borders on possibilities without certainty.

It also is apparent that perceptions drive markets and additionally 'marketing' one's lot - after all, a good salesman can even profit from hot air - there are plenty of choices in the marketplace and plenty of hot air blown around and many get burned when that air gets a tad too hot.

Many US companies are in my view way over priced and will retreat at some point - at local level some of these smaller companies such as AIS have operations whereby they are profitable producers and pay down debt and better value but perhaps not one of those market darlings - I've indicated elsewhere that I prefer value over hype (portfolio heavily skewed that way) - irrespective of what 'markets' may think or rather what some are prepared to pay for stocks where income is obviously not high on the agenda and profits are way off.

LOM for AIS is not an issue for me, as management is seeking additional resource through drilling and having a reasonably high level of expectation in achieving such via a large tenement and once announced markets may react positively, or may just find another excuse such as 'is that all' - let's just go with that other assured hyped stock for more assumed quick bucks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.