AGL 0.47% $10.70 agl energy limited.

I've reread todays announcements several times. I do have skin...

1. 348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I've reread todays announcements several times. I do have skin in the energy game but not with AGL. In years past I have had a lot of time and respect for AGL but certainty do not have that same feeling for them. I just can't get my head around where the growth and real sustainability is coming from into the future. I feel they have backed themselves into a corner with their woke centred policies and lot of damage has been done over the past 5 years. Creating value by a demerger? I just don't understand how in the long term. Closing down coal generation earlier? What is the real cost to serve and proven alternative? How are they going to grow margins apart from reducing costs into the future? It is easy to reduce operating costs if the business continues to get smaller or you would expect it to. Relying on growth in telecommunications (very competitive crowed space) and generation trading (sounds counter counter intuitive with what they are doing in coal plant closures) will battery storage give them that competitive edge.
    They say they are aiming to support Australian decarbonisation (which is noble) but will they and how effective will that be and at what cost. For me there seems be to many unknowns, but let us see.
    One question is for me....what if over the next 10 years the new technologies don't cut, the old technologies are back in vogue with new carbon capture technology. As an example look at Europe at the moment with the bells of possible war ringing. The scramble to secure fossil fuel energy is front of mind for Germany, France and a few others. Looks like renewables just won't cut it to keep the war machine going and the industries that keep society running.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.70
Change
0.050(0.47%)
Mkt cap ! $7.198B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.64 $10.73 $10.59 $16.71M 1.564M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6523 $10.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.70 24285 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.