NEU 1.99% $13.79 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

I realize I’m a bit late to the discussion of the AGM but wanted...

1. 5,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18232
    I realize I’m a bit late to the discussion of the AGM but wanted to add a few further thoughts.

Mr_Cod’s description of “JP looking like he's in the final few kms of a marathon” was spot on. I noted that Jon looked most relaxed/animated while engaging with a young lady with Rett syndrome who attended the meeting with her family.

Retiring Chairman, Trevor Scott, beamed widely and was very relaxed. My impression was that this had less to do with the fact that his large, company-saving investment during the dark times has now been handsomely rewarded than that he is genuinely thrilled with what Neuren has achieved and how well the company is now placed.

As has been already discussed here, Neuren is conducting preclinical evaluation of NNZ-2591 in several undisclosed indications. Jon has now made it clear several times that new indications need to be commercially compatible with existing indications, so it follows that these new indications won’t be the likes of TBI, concussion or Parkinson’s, but rather, orphan neurodevelopmental disorders that come under the umbrella term of “synaptopathies”.

Jon wouldn’t be pinned down on exactly how many new indications were on the cards other than to indicate that the number was less than 10.

For the benefit of Eagle0, here is the link to a recent post in which I proposed a number of possible indications for NNZ-2591. As stated, these are simply my suggestions - the Company has kept the identity of any new indications under wraps for competitive reasons. Fwiw, my sense is that the Company has already completed mouse models in the new indications being targeted. I note that from first announcing in December 2018 that it was working on developing NNZ-2591 in rare, neurodevelopmental disorders, Neuren already released PMS mouse model results the following February and those for Angelman and Pitt Hopkins in May.

Another member of this forum (a delightful and astute gentleman), whom I chatted with at length after the AGM, managed to speak with both Gerry Zhao and Joe Basile. This gentleman wanted to get some sense of just how seriously focused the Company is on rigorously exploring all the potential options it now has going forward. Following his discussions, he was left with no doubt that the Company is laser-focused on this task and on how it can achieve maximum value for shareholders. This clever gentleman also managed to glean further insight into how extensive “the extensive competitive partnering process” was for the ROW rights for trofinetide. Let’s just say that quite a few more than a handful of parties were interested in acquiring various rights.

This bodes exceedingly well, imo, for any future discussions around NNZ-2591 partnership or company acquisition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.79
Change
-0.280(1.99%)
Mkt cap ! $1.762B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.73 $13.88 $13.40 $9.796M 714.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1588 $13.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.84 1625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.