SHJ 2.45% 83.5¢ shine justice ltd

Ann: AGM Chairman's Address and Managing Director's Presentation, page-32

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14

As someone who was burnt badly by SGH ( though not as bad as some ) and who sold out a long while ago now I can't make any rational sense of why there were still many active posters/viewers singing the praises of SGH on the thread months after it had been recapitalized and lost something like 95% of it's value. Simply the psychology of denial and wishful thinking imo.

Maybe perhaps some explanation as to how the SP has retained some value lies in basically dead/bottom draw shares that are worth so little that people aren't bothered even to sell them or perhaps some holders who are just waiting to sell when it suits them to claim some capital losses? Whatever the case it makes no sense to me. I went on the SGH thread soon after I got into SHJ and also when I sold out of SGH trying to put the case that holders and investors should make the transition over to shine - but there were still quite a few who thought even then that SGH was the better investment.

Maybe if you posted your comparison of SGH and SHJ now you might get a few on the thread that might finally see sense? - but I doubt it. I can understand taking those sort of losses on SGH  would be pretty devastating and can see why people don't want to face the reality of the whole train wreck.  

I'm getting pretty impatient with SHJ like most here, but as for my time horizon I'm looking at around 6 months at best a few years at worst (hopefully). I'm sitting on break even now but if I see 1.20 + I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell at least half.

I have been looking at some court documents recently regarding the De Puy settlement against J&J ( this is the sort of thing I get up to when I'm really bored and need some motivation to be patient with this bastard of a stock ) and basically it took a little less than 9 from the completion of the trial for Shine and J&J lawyers to come up with the framework and fundamentals of the settlement pay out. Now given they are similar cases and similar ( almost identical ) protagonists it wouldn't be unreasonable to hope that the duration between the end of the trial and a settlement announcement for the pelvic mesh case be around 9-10 months. The ethicon trial ended around mid feb from memory so that gives a lower bound of around now to end of this month and the upper bound would be a year from the trial end date - at which point the judge would be under some time pressure to resolve the issues between parties or deliver a judgement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
83.5¢
Change
0.020(2.45%)
Mkt cap ! $144.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
84.0¢ 84.5¢ 80.0¢ $42.13K 50.44K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7723 80.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
83.5¢ 999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.