SP8 0.00% 0.7¢ streamplay studio limited

Ann: AGM Chairman's Address , page-11

1. 9,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1344
    Hi cso1, thanks for your long and thoughtful post. Let me say, at the outset, that you were, in the old days, my 'most respected poster' on HC re. GIP. You used to come on when the discussions got silly and lob some good old fashioned common sense.
    I still open your posts with the thought in mind 'this will be interesting'.
    I'll just troll through your post and make a few observations as I go along, not criticisms of your point of view, but putting my view where we differ.
    Well, yes, JT did become less communicative as the years rolled by but maybe even he couldn't keep the story on the boil and decided to scale back the drip-feeds.
    I don't agree that current management's heart hasn't been in the main project, from my earliest discussions with Mr.G he has always acknowledged that AD is the number one priority for GIP. Tassie tin, yes, there were shenanigans there, but the latest SP over there makes our sale not as silly as it first looked. Hard rock tin deposits are difficult and the tin price is critical, it hasn't come together for Stellar yet. It may or may not.
    My initial reaction to Eritrea, given Chisholm's enthusiasm, was, yes, let's have a go, but as AD dragged on I soon realized that we couldn't afford that campaign, and I was supportive of the float it off idea, which I think most would now agree was the way we should have gone.
    Dunlop? Look, Dunlop is Dunlop, you can't 'handle' him, what happened, happened. That story is over.
    Mr. G now has serious money invested in GIP and it's only going to get bigger in the short term, that much is clear.
    The devaluations, or dilutions, are not exactly that, I think I am right in saying that every capital raising that has happened since Mr.G came to power has been offered to shareholders, which was often not the case when JT held sway. JT's placements were dilutive, Mr.G's raisings are not because it is in the hands of every shareholder to take up the offer or not, if you choose not then that's your choice.
    Stuff about the Egyptian Government and time limits etc. can safely be ignored, IMO, we are in partnership with the Government and it is Government Banks, largely, that we dealing with this time around, as I've understood it.
    Finally, on this subject, anyone who believes that Gippsland would still be in existence and investors with a chance to recover their money and maybe even show a profit, without MR.G's support, has rocks in his head.
    I welcome Mr. G's support and involvement, and I won't resile from saying it.
    I too am sorry that Domum stopped posting, he's another poster that I respected and enjoyed reading, but he sold out and bought into something else that soon went phut, but he probably wouldn't have been any worse off!
    The Congo is a bit of a worry, agreed, but that's another place where nothing is ever what it seems.
    B22.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.054M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $23 3.289K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 123694 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 523176 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.17pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SP8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.