LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

DYOR is my mantra, but for interest, this is the few final...

1. 10,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    DYOR is my mantra, but for interest, this is the few final paragraphs of some outfit called 'Money Magazine'.

It was dated 14 December 2021, so a week old, but most points it makes remain arguable:

"...The reported net profit after tax tends to move around a bit, due to temporary impacts of tax credits and some other one-off expenses such as the costs associated with the Brisbane floods.

The balance sheet is strong. The net leverage ratio has been declining. The net financial debt to equity is only 3%. There is over $100 million in equipment loans, but these are secured against the equipment.

The stock is paying a healthy dividend yield of about 5% based on last year's dividends. The dividends were unfranked and they are forecast to remain unfranked until 2024. This is due to the Federal Government's temporary accelerated depreciation initiative which resulted in the group not having to pay any tax. Companies can only pay franked dividends when tax has been paid on the profits.

The share price has almost doubled since June, but despite this, the stock is still only trading on a PE ratio of about 10. This means that it ranks very well in terms of both value and momentum factors. This combination can be a positive sign for future performance.

The sector is a competitive one and there are also a lot of factors outside the firm's control, such as adverse weather and COVID impacts. This can make short-term forecasting difficult but when viewed over a multi-decade horizon, the business has continued to grow. With the continued investment in efficiency and capacity, as well as the expected bumper harvests, the business may well keep on truckin'..."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.