WES 0.26% $74.37 wesfarmers limited

Ann: Agreement to Sell Insurance Broking and Prem, page-21

1. 5,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    re: Ann: Agreement to Sell Insurance Broking ... baraku-i consider wes to be old school because of their asset base from the stats.but it"s nice to know that their culture is old school too.thanks for that reassurance.
    rameez-i think i was looking at the same graph relating to investor return,before and after the gfc as you were.it sort of shows that wow was flat for ages,but wes dipped at gfc ,but then recovered dramatically.what worries me is that ok,wes look like a great share,but according to the value analysts,the insurance sale will dilute the company.but then again why offload something that is not a problem anyway.
    me thinks that as benson1610 says,we should have faith in the management,and not so much in value analysts.
    before i joined this forum,i was intent at offloading wes and bolstering wow,but i"m not sure what to do now.i was going to try and learn about company financial statements,etc,but at best i"d end up like a value analyst,who seem to vary their opinions greatly anyway.
    another point is that wow at close of trade on good friday eve was up a lot more percentage wise to wes.it may be an opportunity for me to purchase more wes(but still keep wow).
    nobody mentions book value or shareholder equity,but for some reason i like tangible assets,which wes has all over wow.
    cheers crazypunter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$74.37
Change
0.190(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $84.27B
Open High Low Value Volume
$74.50 $74.62 $74.19 $8.985M 120.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 206 $74.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$74.38 247 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.04am 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.