RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

Ok Bigfoot, I will bite. I take it that you have persistent /...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 277
    Ok Bigfoot, I will bite.

I take it that you have persistent / frequent episodic asthma. Sorry to hear this. You will be very aware of the condition and how to treat it however this just makes you well educated and not a good example of the technology’s utility. Honestly I don’t think diagnosing acute asthma in competent adults who know their disease is where the aim is at all.

However consider these points
    1 very large numbers of people with COPD do not know they have the disease
    2. Equal number have been misdiagnosed as having it
    3 COPD is a major cause of mortality and morbidity and a huge cost for health services
    4 ResApp diagnoses COPD and Acute exacerbation of COPD well ( see peer reviewed published studies)
    Thus role in both chronic and acute care
    5. Studies in developing world show that nearly half of children diagnosed with pneumonia really have asthma (leading to increased mortality from asthma). The apps sensitivity and specificity from both US and Australian studies are much better than that. (See published studies)
    6. The app exceeds standard care in diagnosing consolidating pneumonia in both kids and adults in Telehealth, resource poor (WHO criteria) and GP settings (see published studies), 1 million kids die from pneumonia each year world wide.
    7. There is no current tool that allows Telehealth or remote diagnosis of lower respiratory disease other than ResApp Dx. (I don’t give the plug in stethoscopes much credibility)
    8. The NHS has said they want up to 50% of primary care consults to be digital in the next 5 years. What does that mean for respiratory care.
    9. the tool can determine asthma severity scores in children and thus has a role in asthma action plans for parents who are not as confident looking after their child as you are looking after yourself. (Published data)

As a heads up consider that the algorithms have all been compared to a committee of very experienced experts or formal lung function tests. These are not standard of care ( ie you don’t go to an ED and have three experienced Pediatricians debate your case, look at all the investigations and treatment responses and then give you a diagnosis). In ED you get the intern/RMO/Registrar who is busy and prone to errors. No one does formal lung function tests in acute care to diagnose your underlying lung disease. That is the standard that the app should be compared to.

I don’t want to get into an argument and slanging match. You did ask for reasons to support the tech. most of the studies (there are now multiple peer reviewed tier 1 and 2 publications ) are listed on the website if you want to check the above.

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.