ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    Global your perspectives are totally screwed, with all respect.

Australia is a huge country that has a very low density population and won't be driving the EV revolution. The impact Australia will have is negligible. Not only that, politicians here are still living in the 80s, they have no foresight. I mean we are spending $50B on some submarines when we could probably connect every capital city with high speed rail for that money. Such a god damn waste.

How many cars are sold globally?

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 21.43.13.png

How many cars are sold in Australia?
    Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 21.47.01.png

By my calculations the Australian market represents approx 0.13% of global car sales.

Have you done any research on charging station in USA, UK, Europe or China?
    This is where you need to concentrate your research as this is where the real car sales are not in Australia. I am seeing new charging stations pop up every day on my twitter newsfeed with the pages I follow.

In addition to that, how many people will travel more than 400kms in a day? I would hazard a guess that 95% of drivers wouldn't cover over 400kms a day and would start their journey from their home. You would charge your vehicle overnight, not an issue as I already pointed out to you on another thread the requirements for Teslas recharge stations which I would think would be the most demanding but you ignored it to suit your bias. That or else Tesla is false advertising.

If you want a comparison of costs of EVs compared to ICE, check this video out and you will be surprised. Again I already posted this and you either didnt see it or choose to ignore it.
    Here it is again.

http://insideevs.com/how-much-does-it-really-cost-to-buy-and-power-an-ev-over-petrol-in-uk-video/

At the infancy of EVs they are already if not more competitive and cost effective for the majority of users compared to ICEs. They are not perfect and won't suit everyone but like i said for the big majority of people they would be great.

Not only that Tesla is a luxury car brand, as it stands now at least until the Model 3 comes out, that is up against Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche and out selling them all in the US in their category. Its not your Nissan leaf type buyers who are looking for a Tesla, its cashed up buyers who have disposable income and can afford the bits needed to go with it initially to make it more user friendly. It won't be long until mileage will be 500-600kms on a charge and thats comparable to many ICE cars.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.