AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: AKP Surpasses One Trillion Cycle Tests with Zero Failures-AKP.AX, page-52

1. 2,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2533
    With regards to my earlier comment on a smaller manufacturer coming to market first with an AP enabled device, I think that may be likely because of the longer design in cycle of the larger manufacturers. It may take 18 months for a big player to design in a new component like this, and get it into a bulk manufactured product. While the Apples and Sonys may get to work on products quickly they have a long design-build cycle. The smaller players can go there much more quickly because they a) don't have as many products b) don't have so many decisions to make, c) don't have so many assemblers to have to schedule in and get on board, and d) see the benefits of being quick to market with an innovative product and e) be more willing to take the risk to get there.

Notwithstanding that, if the big players are the ones that AKP has NDA with then they may indeed get a head start. I know Fred has said that they have quite a number of NDA with several players so we can expect to see some amazing new products come out of this.

A comparison for this is Energous Corporation with their WattUp wireless battery charger for devices (WATT.NASDAQ). They will likely get into a huge number of new devices that will change the hand-held device market, but the announcements of intention to incorporate WattUp are all coming out of smaller device manufacturers currently, while Apple etc have not publicly indicated anything - yet commentators are all asking if/when it will be in Apple's iPhone 7.

Who knows - the AP chip may appear in the same place at the same time! Nice!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.