MAY 5.17% 5.5¢ melbana energy limited

New posters who don't understand O&G really let the emotions get...

1. 3,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    New posters who don't understand O&G really let the emotions get the better of them, yesterday.

Have a look at 88E today to see what happens when a well is a disappointment.
    Older wiser O&G investors, know how to build up expectation on stock forums and sell most, if not all their shares, before the well reaches the Total Depth.
    Some purchase shares at lower prices in the year before the drill rig arrives onsite, and sell most of their holdings in the hype and expectation in the first weeks after drilling starts and "let their profits run".

"Buy Early and Sell Before Spud" has proven to be a less risky approach that waiting for the drilling results. Some people just do that, sell all their shares - and are not interested in any drilling reports or taking on the risk of a duster.

O&G is a tough investment sector.
    With mining you conduct a spaced drilling program over a prospective area and pretty soon learn if you have a deposit worth extracting.

With O&G the well may encounter promising results and oil shows, while drilling, yet not provide a good flow test to confirm a productive well.

But the need to order a more dense drilling mud, then upgrade the BOP, and the fact that pressure has been present for most of the Alameda-1 drill, to me seems that pressure is there.

Yesterdays drilling report mentioned that no water was encountered at all while drilling. They hit the Oil Water contact at the bottom of the well.

I am no expert - in fact a trapped holder for a decade - but this time its looking like we have the real deal here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.003(5.17%)
Mkt cap ! $185.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.4¢ $579.1K 10.30M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 130944 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 719400 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.5¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 5.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.4¢ 3875244
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.