MAY 3.64% 5.3¢ melbana energy limited

Sorry Feral54 and VOGC, you've completely lost me with your time...

1. 221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Sorry Feral54 and VOGC, you've completely lost me with your time frame statements.

I have re-read the last announcement many times and there is no inference of further side track drilling into Marti within the current timeframe.

In short the plan is to test the structure immediately above after properly sealing Marti - the last report states - "Control of the deepest part of the Marti interval will now be established by setting a liner below the shoe of the previous section and cementing it in place."
    "The forward plan is to now sample the most prospective intervals of the (immediately higher) Alameda structure (which were left open for this purpose) before moving the rig to commence the drilling of Zapoto-1."

Any talk of estimated time lines moving forward need to follow the official information on hand via ASX furnished reports, otherwise they're potentially misleading. I'm not targeting you solely regrading this matter, rather many that put forward their theories of large timeline blowouts using information that is based on speculative forward options apposed to current disclosed works information.

It is completely understood that official timeline estimates are just that - Estimates. But we must respect the official course being disclosed by management until they update the market with more information.

It's great to read the multitude of options put forward by learned posters on this thread and in time some may well play out, but for now I just can't accept lengthy timelines based on the information that is purely speculative.

I expect Alameda structure sample results in the coming week based on the latest release, with a clearly stated enthusiasm to get the rig relocated to Zapato-1 following that. I can't see how any of this is "back to the future and back where we were last week in 9 months time" when referencing the flow chart as presented in the recent webinar which is set to play out bar the Marti flow test.

From my reading of the most recent report:-

Step 1. "Control of the deepest part of the Marti interval will now be established by setting a liner below the shoe of the previous section and cementing it in place".

Step 2. "The forward plan is to now sample the most prospective intervals of the (immediately higher) Alameda structure (which were left open for this purpose) before moving the rig to commence the drilling of Zapato-1".

Step 3. AP States "I look forward to being back with the team in Cuba the week after next (Week commencing 25th April) to
    review operations and the relative priorities of our various work streams following the completion of the Zapato-1 well (which we are all looking forward to commencing, too).” This clearly states business as planned, progressing forward to complete Zapato-1 under the current schedule. Nothing is being held back or delayed while waiting for the arrival of AP and his decision to go the week after next would imply confidence that the Zapato-1 drill will progress quickly and without the need of his interference. Things are clearly moving forward.

Step 4. The next faze - It will be at this point that schedule changes will be revelled, but bare in mind, there is no 9 month wait for the former results, as stated above by AP we will have Alameda sampling results and potentially completed Zapato-1 TD by this point. Both potentially huge share price drivers. The further planning is stated by AP as “The Marti structure is clearly the most exciting part of the first well and we now want to do a more conventional and extended testing program there. The highly pressured oil that continues to enter our well bore, despite the maximally weighted mud column we have put on top of it, speaks volumes about the potential of this structure. This strongly influences our thinking about the sequencing of the forward work program.

The clear message I take from the most recent release is the determination to keep this project moving forward, building the reserves and continue to gather information. I totally respect AP's approach of dealing with bottlenecks in tandem with progressing established timelines laid out in the webinar flowchart. The beauty of this approach is regular milestones and news releases which continually add to the value of this company.

I absolutely believe that the share price is in maximum manipulation faze at the moment and suspect the bearish psychological impact inflicted on those watching this play out on a daily basis is in fact achieving its goal of breaking peoples confidence in the future prospect of this operation. All I can say to that is "My God people, just compare what we know now to what we knew three months ago and focus on the reality that the oil speculation that led us to this exploration is now oil discovery and no matter what time frame adjustments occur - We Have Oil and that is not going away. Most exploration ends like 88E - nada! Not MAY, we have oil and don't you let any manipulative traders let you forget it.

Do Your Own Research starting with the company releases - these are legal documents of fact and need to be carefully understood and interrupted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.002(3.64%)
Mkt cap ! $178.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 5.2¢ $139.5K 2.572M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 122484 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 500000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.2¢ 1076722
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.