MAY 3.33% 6.2¢ melbana energy limited

HI Mick - It appears to me from your post that you are more a...

1. 1,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237

HI Mick -
    It appears to me from your post that you are more a LT investor rather than a LT trader.

Of my 3 posts on this Thread yesterday, the latter 2 were solely my opinions on prospects for this stock’s SP.

I received a total of 30 likes (Upvotes) to these 2 posts, including from some posters who post ALL DAY on the DT Thread, and all within several hours.

3 of these DT’ers, namely HungHingprofitplease and @traderforever

could only be described as experts – in their objectives to not only make serious money from their trading, but to help other posters learn similar money-making chart-trading techniques too..

Based on the wording of their results’ posts, during the day, right up to 4pm in some cases

- about their few-hours’-earlier recs. to trade, with both specific entry points, and target SP’s –

they are not just putting themselves on a soap box.

I say again these blokes are experts at what they do – basing their views on their Candlestick charts they use – where I’d reckon this data format is, by their choice, plotted down to 15-minute intervals or even lower, on Daily charts.

And I don’t use the word “experts” lightly.

The 4th bloke is @sintrate
    who 50! times today posted on the DT Thread; that’s an average of 1 post every 7 minutes!

He included his charts in many posts, illustrating most recent ST time-period intervals,
    sometimes even across only 1!! Day,
    or several days,to support his views about prospects for very near-term SP rises for his recs.

Have a look at his posts, when you’ve got time. I’m sure you’ll be impressed.

You might even realise then, having done this,

even as a LT investor, with or without specific goals as to when you get out of a continuing profitable investment to date,
    that if you did trade the infrequent ST jumps, and bought back again, after the inevitable ST dumps, you’d probably have far less capital tied up ina stock, in the LT, than otherwise just continuously holding.

An example of such a stock is SYR.Look at the roller-coaster ride it’s had since 2012.

Yes, I know it’s easy for me to say all this in hindsight, years later, but why would I remember it for its patterns, for so long?

There are proprietary charting packages available, which of course I can’t promote suppliers of, here.

I bought! mine, for $10,000+, 22 years ago, when that was the only way you could access such

charting methodology, but it included provision of many weekly training sessions, and a proprietary indicator called a Conductor, which was real gem. That package is still available from the succeeding supplier for a monthly fee.

Mine's worked successfully for most of all those years, but obviously sometimes didn’t.

IMO it matters not, what the industry sector is you’re interested in, when guessing what a stock’s ST future SP will reach.

(SYR was into graphite & vanadium exploration back in 2012, whenthe share price rose from 17c in Jan to $3.30 in Jan ’13.(+1900%!!). (It’s now into battery technology!)

Thus, I don’t know of anyone who can project what a stock’s SP will go to, based on FA, unless of course they’ve been employed in the same sector for years, or they’re an organisation such as Next Investors which bases their LT projections, for stocks they recommend, on the experience of similar companies in the same industry with similar financial infrastructure.

Of note too are the viewpoints expressed on this stock’s latest Thread:

Alameda Prospect Brief Review - value, risk, RF,follow-up etc

which started up on 29 Sep. The posters there IMO know their stuff.

Thus we otherwise mere mortals, can’t IMO project a LT target for stocks in which we’re tied up in.

E.g. your post seemed to suggest double digits for MAY in the ST – why not 10x? or 20x?.

No offence chum - “To each his own” – as the 40’s song line goes. That IMO is what these forums are for. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
0.002(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $208.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.2¢ 5.9¢ $175.9K 2.910M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1219834 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 1847995 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.2¢
  Change
0.002 ( 4.91 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.0¢ 6.2¢ 5.9¢ 1891922
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.