MAY 6.06% 7.0¢ melbana energy limited

Ann: Alameda-3 Drilling Update, page-153

1. 7,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 825
    That estimate is based on two wells off U1B flowing naturally at around 1,250 per day (19 API). Correct me if I am wrong, but given where A2 peaked unassisted (albeit temporarily), a pumpjack or gas lift could easily double that number (check out the capacity on the Ampscot range which are readily available in Canada, as an example). Maybe - just maybe - one of the other reasons to suspend A2 temporarily was to address pumping, storage, transportation and sales issues - and it would be very bearishly-stupid of any of us to assume that the suspension of A2 production during the A3 drill was anything less than planned by the team.

5k bopd per day could be 4 wells, but could easily be 2 using donkeys. My guess - pure guess - is that AP has some end of Q2/24 targets, which may include identifying and perforating the best production zone in A3 (yes, Marti would be great, but I think the other options are just as palatable), and getting A2 back into production (the lift method, storage, transportation and sales also need to be finalised).

Anyone bailing now would only be doing so out of frustration or fear, not out of common sense.

We should get the quarterlies by Friday this week, which should hopefully make some people realise that Sonangol is doing their part (no doubt some goose will hone in on the receivables again without realising that Q1 invoices have not all been paid by 31/March: there are always trolls out there dying to find fault with anything). The commentary accompanying the release - regarding Q2 activities - may calm people down though.

regards
    Kit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.004(6.06%)
Mkt cap ! $235.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 7.1¢ 6.7¢ $364.1K 5.309M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 411707 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 638633 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.34pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.0¢
  Change
0.004 ( 4.48 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.7¢ 7.1¢ 6.7¢ 2191382
Last updated 14.41pm 06/06/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.