MAY 1.96% 5.2¢ melbana energy limited

@Feral54What is the effective depth of a 3D, and given the size...

1. 7,440 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 798
    @Feral54

What is the effective depth of a 3D, and given the size of Block 9, what section of the field would you suggest they survey? (are you suggesting that they attempt Alameda/Marti surveys across the whole of Block 9?).

TBH - I can't see them stumping up for a 3D, particularly given the scale of the reserves in U1B. No need (except to boost the ego). Scalability does not depend on the reserves size, but depends on total flow, transport logistics, and sale contracts. In their presentation of 20th December 2023 they have already addressed their scaling plans for the upper units, and there are plenty of published comments from the company regarding transport and shipping. Stumped as to why that particular question seems to keep popping up.

I think the million (billion?) dollar question is - Will A3 produce out of Marti, Alameda, or Amistad (1B)? I am guessing that the current plan is to produce out of Alameda at around 3,260 mMD, as I have a gut feeling that Marti may be a step too far (not sure why - just a gut feeling) and I think we will see Alameda APIs circa 22-24 (rough guess, based on depth and previous observations) which is more than adequate. Don't shoot me down on that API number (there is a certain Gridiron player out there who is obsessed with the API number; God bless his cotton socks) as it is purely a guess.

What gets me (makes me wonder whether anyone here has any idea) is the lack of discussion regarding mechanical or gas lift out of 1B, to increase flow rates. My long-term punt is that we will see one or two nodding donkeys at the current pad by the end of 2024. Would love to hear someone provide some commentary on that.

Best regards
    Kit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $175.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $140.8K 2.682M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 400000 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 221727 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.31pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.1¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.1¢ 908596
Last updated 15.33pm 23/05/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.