ALC 5.00% 6.3¢ alcidion group limited

Ann: Alcidion to present at Finance News Network, page-7

1. 1,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    @Subs judging by your response it seems I just called your child fat and ugly! We clearly come from different places in respect to ALC and you have raised plenty of valid points and research, so I commend you for that.

Without being tit for tat, I'll just perhaps clarify 2 points:

My use of the word desperation: I mean this in the positive sense , as in they would be desperate to see their hard development work put into action in high-quality reference sites. Not because they can't get reference sites, but because they are working so hard to grow the business that they know this is such an important step that can't be skipped, hence I would be working desperately to land great sites. No negative implication being inferred in my original post, however I understand how it could be construed that way depending on your interpretation of that word.

Secondly, I completely agree that micro cap investors will invest their capital far sooner than a traditional financial analysis based investor will. That's why we're all here!

What I can't agree with is the fact that you suggest this end of town doesn't need sales velocity. Speculative bluesky valuations actually work best when you have no revenue (which is a weird reality of spec investing). As soon as revenue is present, spec investors want to see that revenue growing. When revenues show consistent quarter over quarter growth, you see rapid shareprice growth (irrespective of profits). Look at NAN, BIG etc as examples of top line revenue growth based shareprice runs.

The cold hard reality is, despite the many successful announcements and deals signed of at negotiation stage, ALC hasn't moved the needle over 3 years with respect to revenue in any meaningful way. I'm not for one minute suggesting that the company hasn't been making strides with respect to products or commercial advancements, but the reality is any investor looking at a quarterly or half yearly is seeing no meaningful change over the last 7 quarters since the company was listed. And this is IMO the reason we haven't seen a sustained shareprice rise.

But to go back to my original point, I'm excited because I believe we are now on the cusp of seeing the hard work of management over the last couple of years become reflected in the financial performance of the business. That is hugely exciting, as we are about to see the needle move, and I believe a strong shareprice run will follow. This has taken a bit longer than many expected, but none the less it's what we're here for, and as the early spec investors who are backing this horse before the funds/traditional investors, we stand to reap the biggest gains. On this point I feel we have common ground despite the lens through which we assess the performance of the company. Let's see how we go!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.