AWC 0.00% $1.45 alumina limited

Ann: Alcoa Corp 3rd Quarter 2023 Earning Release, page-17

1. 2,083 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 532
    the sp is saying a lot of things, frustration from lack of fixed income to name a big one. As far as cash runway, I can’t see, given awc dividend history, why the company should be desperate to raise capital at fire sale prices. I see they are losing money, which likely is speaking volumes about the sector in general given awc place in cost curve. But I dare say at these prices, the institutions will be more than frothing at the mouth to get awc below .70. The reason is if you put the current cash burning to the side, and I know that’s hard to do, and consider the earning potential for awc as a whole, it’s a pet solid business. It almost makes more sense for someone to take over awc, particularly Alcoa.

I’ll have funds available if there is a cr but I can’t imagine the company doing this after a single negative half year, from a previous big earnings report. Imo as the company steers through the cost impacts from the bullwhip effect and the market stabilises, they will see the reality of the companies cashflow- which I believe is positive at $309 fob Australia.

however though, there is a high chance I have no idea what I’m talking about so perhaps calling the company is my next best option to understand capital raising needs.

may least I still have one parcel to execute so bring on a lower price if the market wishes.

oh and interesting to note the ~.75 level from a long term charting perspective.
    Last edited by iminvestor101: 26/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AWC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.