EDU 0.00% 9.9¢ edu holdings limited

I have been thinking lately that the era of significant micro...

1. 2,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 212
    I have been thinking lately that the era of significant micro cap investing/punting may be coming to a end in Aust.

You see a lot of commentary saying small caps are due a rally after a couple of terrible years but this period coincides perfectly with a ramp up in availability and a reduction in trading costs for international trades. Add then the flood of "investor" news sheets and tipsters concentrating on US markets.

I think the next generation of micro cap investors (I include traders who add significant volume) has a much greater variety of choice than we had when we cut out teeth. I read somewhere (Stockhe@d maybe) that Apple, Nvidia and Tesla were amongst the most traded shares in Aust! It follows that this has led to a decrease in volume in the local sector and also shorter holding times for successful trades (spikes) in micro caps.

Without volume, EDU is an extreme example, microcaps are becoming a value trap.

Personally I don't think a year of 20% rises across the sector are coming back, which has implications for "rising all boats". The pre Covid rally might have been the last hurrah. It's possible that for now, the only thing in its favour is small cap funds whose mandate doesn't allow international trading. How long before that begins to change?

You've been around a long time, what do you or others think? Are we witnessing a disruption?

Last edited by Patient: 24/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49121 8.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 51000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EDU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.