AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

Ann: Algae.Tec Announces Biofuels Refinery Deal , page-20

1. 5,573 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2212
    re: Ann: Algae.Tec Announces Biofuels Refiner... Funny post, dolce! You can be impressed as you like. Actually, in some ways I'm impressed too and the market may also be, but that's not what increases a share price. You say "What a market!!?" as though it's somehow surprising that a company relying on unproven technology has a market cap moving lower when it is still multiples of its market cap.

What a dreamer!!?

As I've said all along, even if the technology is brilliant, I have no doubt you'll get a better buy in price before that run. With or without viable technology I predicted at the start of the year we'd see the price drop to 15c - the year isn't over and we've already come close. I have never said "I know with certainty that the technology is flawed". I certainly am sceptical, but it doesn't matter until the technology is proven. If the technology is proven we'll see a run, but it might be a five bagger from 1c to 5c or a 20 bagger from 0.3c to 6c or a fifty bagger from 0.2c to 10c. I see the chances of it being a 10 bagger from 10c to $1 as being extremely unlikely.

Assuming the technology is indeed good, I don't know if it will go as low as 10c or 0.1c before the run, or if 17c was the bottom, but I find it difficult to see it not dropping below 10c at some stage between now and proof of economics, and these things have a nasty habit of dropping well below 1c. Of course, if the technology is not good the company will either go bust or probably fall to around book value (a small percentage of current market cap/share price) when it changes direction, before taking whatever path the new direction dictates.

I haven't calculated it for a while, but the book value of this company is far, far below the market cap, which is a dangerous position for a company relying on unproven technology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.