BBP 0.00% 9.5¢ babcock & brown power

In the news wires today, bit more of Explanation of sale,...

1. 4,481 Posts.
    In the news wires today, bit more of Explanation of sale, perhaps Aurora will want more. We wait and see.

"(Source: Datamonitor)trackingAustralia-based Aurora Energy Tamar Valley Power has signed an agreement with Babcock and Brown Power to purchase a range of gas supply and electricity contracts and commercial operations.

The agreement includes all contracts related to supply of gas to the Tamar Valley power station.

Aurora Energy Tamar Valley Power (AETV Power) said that it is building the new gas power station in the Tamar Valley, and the agreement announced will further contribute to the security of energy supply for Tasmania.

Michael Brewster, AETV Power's CEO, said that the company had agreed to acquire the contracts and commercial operations from Alinta EATM, the gas trading and marketing arm of Babcock and Brown Power (B&B Power).

Mr Brewster said the decision represented a further step of vital importance to the successful operation of the new Tamar Valley power station, which from later in 2009 will have a critical role to play in guaranteeing Tasmania's energy security.

A service of YellowBrix, Inc. "

I am not sure what of Alinta is still available to sell, but I am fairly sure this sale is for the part that would be least wanted. IMO there is more money to be made from selling the better parts of Alinta.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.