ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    re: Ann: Allied's Herpes Vaccine Progress...

I have been told in the past by the coy that the trail phase 1 results should be quick as they will notice any changes vertically straight away but I have no idea how long that means
    Cheers Gl Russell

News Summary from bells site

Sydney - Wednesday - June 19: (RWE Australian Business News) - Allied Healthcare Group Ltd (AHZ) reports its Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-2) vaccine has received ethical approval for a Phase I, dose-ranging clinical trial.

Professor Ian Frazer is developing the first-in-class vaccine for HSV-2 genital herpes, which affects up to one in six Americans and for which there is currently no curative treatment.

The vaccine technology utilises a patented optimisation technology that offers the potential of being both a preventative and therapeutic vaccine.

The Phase I study will vaccinate 20 healthy volunteers via intradermal injection into the forearms with a goal to examine the safety of the vaccine, as well as detect if an antibody and T-cell response can be generated by people.

Along with safety data, the results will indicate if the vaccine can stimulate an antibody (protective) response as well as T-cell response (therapeutic).

The importance of the T-cell response is it indicates the potential for the vaccine to be used as a treatment against herpes.

The outcomes of the Phase I trial will demonstrate the vaccine's safety and how well-tolerated it is, as well as determining the effective dose and showing that the vaccine generates a robust immune response.

Genital herpes affects more than one in six Americans between ages 14 and 49, according to the Centers for Disease Control in the USA.

WHO estimates the number of people aged 15 to 49 years who are living with HSV-2 worldwide exceeds half a billion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.