AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Ann: Allkem and Livent to merge - presentation, page-247

1. 937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    I appreciate your in depth analysis.
    I tend to agree that AKE may be undervalued in the deal.
    I am uncertain whether having the Newco domiciled in USA is necessary for them to get ‘preferentisl’ status and other benefits to access US markets. Could not the same have been achieved with Newco domiciled in Aust or some other structure.
    I would like to see downstream processing / value adding done to OUR mineral resources done in AustralIa where it generates economic activity, skilled employment opportunities etc.
    I fear that with Newco US based, any major downstream processing developments / investments will be US centric and Australia will continue to be treated as a ‘quarry’ by these OS run companies.

On a slightly different tack ... do you have any thoughts about where VUL might fit into the big picture with their Zero carbon Li Project with direct extraction from the geothermal brines in upper Rhine valley.
    They seemed to have stitched up offtake deals with the major Euro auto makers, Zero (or negative) Carbon fits in with the European govt environmental philosophies and so far the project appears to be running solidly on its rails ‘without wobbles’.
    Disclosure Retail Holder of a few K VUL shares and some PLS and our smsf has held AKE for MANY years, through all the ups and DOWNS & now brighter times again.
    Last edited by jm3767: 13/05/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.