MDV 0.00% 0.3¢ medivac limited

re: Ann: Alpha Securities releases updated re... Money is money....

1. 1,136 Posts.
    re: Ann: Alpha Securities releases updated re... Money is money. I haven't looked at the volume today so I don't know what sort of numbers you guys are talking about.. But as I mentioned some weeks ago.. Here's an example.. I buy 20K's worth for 0.008 sp is 0.004. Pretend I'm rich. I don't know current tax thresholds but lets say I'm working on a mine. I earn 109K lets say the threshold is 100K. tax bracket goes from 42% up to 49% from 99,999 to 100,000 7% difference on gross. I sell my holding at 0.004 for $10K. I have now a 10K loss so I grossed 99K. I buy the same stock back for 12.5K because of an interest so I'm immediately down 2.5K but my new gross is locked in by the tax man.... Thats pretty simple isn't it?.. I'm not an accountant but thats just one threshold, if I'd invested 50K and did the same I'd be brought back probably 2-3 thresholds.. Which is where it becomes profitable. So you still have the same Holding interest in a company but you have locked in its depreciation for the Financial year.. I thought thats how it works and Why the June period is traditionally considered to generate a sell sentiment... Been wrong before.. But lost the Plot?..

Its quite funny/ sad actually when I worked in Telfer we had the option to work on our Sunday off. I worked the first Sunday and then never again. I like working, don't get me wrong I wasn't being slack. But working that extra day tipped me into the next threshold so, even though I worked one more day, I actually got less in my bank account, I like working Sundays, but I'm never going to pay for the privilege.. The guys that worked Sunday's never understood my argument at the wet mess and they always complained about why I got paid more than them.. They said I'd lost the plot too..
    I don't understand.

Actually, I've never had a plot to lose, hence my tag MAD.. born like it, live like it and no doubt one day will die like it.. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.