ATC 0.00% 4.6¢ altech batteries ltd

Ann: Altech - Mezzanine Finance Proceeds to Next Stage, page-23

1. 2,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    current uptake is a disappointment at this time for sure but the perception of EV is still “they are not for me” or “I drive too far”. On top of that most people can’t afford the current Tesla or the Porche Taycan for example. I take issue with the article stating there was an 86% jump in sales but commodity prices are down, 86% sounds huge but from a small base it’s not large at all. I do agree on the uncertainty factor and the tightening of credit does not help either but demand will fix both of those issue longer term and the soon to come marketing push from major manufactures.

Take a snapshot today and EV looks like it’s going very poorly. That is very short sighted imo. With Ford, Toyota, Mazda, Honda(EV and Hydrogen), Volkswagen, Kia and others all looking now to EV. This tells me only one thing and that is we are at a tipping point in the next few years for EV, they have all seen the writing on the wall. Get in or get left behind. Once the main stream manufacturers have EV or even more Hybrids as a change over for non believers at a price that all can afford they will become the norm. Infrastructure is also a bottle neck, car parks will eventually install power points for cars to charge when the push from users comes. Petrol stations will become cafe stops with power points. Years away maybe but they are coming. Tesla have even gone about putting change points around Australa to “Help” sales and I do see Tesla cars are the charge points not far from where I live.

This all takes time as change is awkward and inconvenient. As Federal governments(not so much) and Sate governments and Provinces ban Fossil fuel cars or give incentives to EV owners things will shift. Hell Ford are even considering an EV/Hybrid F150....for the American market!...that speaks volumes of things to come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.