ATC 5.13% 4.1¢ altech batteries ltd

In effect all they are trying to do is force others to...

1. 2,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462

In effect all they are trying to do is force others to possibly rethink or delay other using the exact same method. We already know the first patent attempt failed, it was discussed many months ago. I read the innovation patent application at the time which is why I was a little surprised it was granted as I did not see much innovation, but I’m no expert. 

This innovation patent is still useful as only a brave company would attempt to replicate it and would find it more difficult to get funding if that could then be subject to a patent infringement even if the patent in question has not been examined fully as the result of the examination can not be conclusively known. As it is only an 8 year option and if forced to be examined maybe only be the time it takes to be assessed, I see it as more of a delay tactic rather than a serious attempt to stop direct competition. I am also reasonable confident potential competitors can work around the patent but that it may be more costly which is the aim of the patent, to make it harder and hopefully more costly. First to market will be very helpful to ATC long term so ATC are attempting to get the biggest head start as possible.

The next Ann could well be the forced request for it to be examined by a potential rival.

In any event with or without the innovation patent as a leverage against potential competitors ATC still has a class 1 project I’m very happy to be invested in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
0.002(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $70.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.1¢ 3.9¢ $69.68K 1.767M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 89953 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 159701 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.