ATH 33.3% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

Ann: Alterity to Present New Data at the AAN 2024 Annual Meeting, page-10

1. 2,813 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 984
    I have been wondering what Stamler will present in his AAN poster about the randomized ATH434 study because there are no results to present and the baseline is somehow not worth publishing, IMO.

The title is: "A Phase 2 Study of ATH434, a Novel Inhibitor of α-Synuclein Aggregation, for the Treatment of Multiple System Atrophy (MSA)".

Now I found ( only in my opinion ) the reason: He is not talking about an iron chelator but about " an inhibitor of α-Synuclein Aggregation". Iron chelation with deferiprone made Parkinson's patients worse and so iron chelation may have a poor reputation. Perhaps he is talking about all the previous animal experiments in which ATH434 was demonstrated as an inhibitor of α-Synuclein Aggregation.

For this "Inhibition talk," he has a lot of interesting things to tell. ATH434 is very different from Deferiprone despite it being an iron chelator. This was already presented a few months ago in a smaller meeting but in the AAN meeting and connected to the started phase 2 study it is sure worth presenting.

Here is the poster by Kosman et al demonstrating how ATH434 works and protects the mitochondria:
    https://alteritytherapeutics.com/wp-content/uploads/Society-for-Neuroscience-2023_poster.pdf

Inhibition of alpha-synuclein aggregation is the important thing big pharma and neurologists need to treat both MSA and PD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $21.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $5.491K 1.520M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
39 50987030 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 126437200 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.