ALU 0.09% $65.96 altium limited

Hi Lsun,I posted about Tasking a little while back. It had to...

1. 188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

Hi Lsun,

I posted about Tasking a little while back. It had to go, was bought many years back, 2001 ? maybe as
    part of Nick Martins dream of the whole FPGA direction, as a compiler for the soft cores. The FPGA
    direction was a huge mistake, and Altium spent a huge amount of effort, time and money chasing it.

Altium finally dropped the FPGA product a couple of years back, and had no real use for the Tasking
    product anymore. The team built Tasking up again, after being mostly neglected as far as growing its
    business outside of the internal FPGA requirements. As seen by the more recent results. But is is just
    a distraction to the company, and they have plenty to focus on in the core business. It looks to me
    like the sold it for a reasonable amount, based on it's share of income v percentage of market cap.

Re the sales, that whole area is complex, old school EDA tool sales was, taking people to lunch, wine
    and dine. Much of the software business is now shrink wrap style, just click online and buy, mostly no
    manual sales work. Altium has customers in both areas, most the bigger sales will still need the old
    school method. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on the day to day process. The company have
    been working on this for a number of years now, and are still tweaking it over time. With the bottom
    line, to grow sales and they have been growing sales well for many years. The 365 product is yet a
    different animal again, which will require new methods to be integrated into the sales system.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.96
Change
0.060(0.09%)
Mkt cap ! $8.701B
Open High Low Value Volume
$65.90 $66.00 $65.84 $26.50M 402.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4505 $65.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.98 10592 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$65.94
  Change
0.060 ( 0.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
$65.93 $65.99 $65.85 224994
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
ALU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.