BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Amended Investor Presentation, page-70

1. 9,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    @aks4058

Instos and professional investors look for concise metric driven information - generally all on as few a number of pages as possible

eg that means outlining info on p 39 qtrly comps  - in table form with comps for all stats they are disclosing - over past 2-4qtrs on qtr by qtr basis  - so investors get accurate information, ability to compare changes in what mgt are saying are relevant stats and dont draw incorrect conclusions. 

this preso cherry picks comps and drops it sporadically over many different pages

a decent rule of thumb is this - if the hard math analysis on HC is better than the analysis in the ppt - which it is  - then the ppt is not going to enhance company rep or drive buying by pros

It doesnt matter tremendously because BUD is back to being a concept stock - so its not likely to create too much additional selling - but if i was a fund or pro looking to invest that presentation would sway me towards not

there are plenty of presos that come out with holes in the numbers - but few with so much wrapping - and because BUD is in mgt information business its a worse look.

60+ pages to say what should take 25 or less.  brokers will tell you ppts longer than 15 slides are too long for a small cap stock.

the fact they keep promoting the product array over 12 months suggests its more a product marketing focused document than one for actual investors - though there is a v small group like tech venture capital funds that are both

co. ppts are like humans - the more bs there is around anything meaningful  the more likely it is that are trying to divert attention from what should be the focus or is missing in a bid to find the 'greater fool'

but when sentiment is pretty low the risk is minimal

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.