ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 61,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727

Under apparent pressure by hundreds of workers angered at being temporarily laid off and paid half of their salaries, Senior Labour Minister Amna Ally has intervened and withdrawn a letter by her Junior, Keith Scott, that had instructed Troy Resources Limited to cease all operations because of safety concerns uncovered by an inspector at two additional gold mining pits.

“I, Amna Ally, Minister of Social Protection, hereby wish to notify you that the letter dated October 10, 2019 under the hand of Honourable Keith Scott, Minister within the Ministry of Social Protection, is hereby rescinded.”

Government officials now hope that the Australian-owned Troy Resources would eventually resume operations except at the particular area where company geologist, Ryan Taylor, died after an unstable section of the Hicks One Extension pit collapsed with him on October 8.

Workers feel that the cease work order by the Ministry of Social Protection’s Department of Labour should only have ordered the pit where Taylor met his demise closed and not the overall operation. The employees are uncertain of their next move as they have to await further word from Troy Resources.

https://demerarawaves.com/2019/10/16/amna-ally-lifts-keith-scotts-cease-order-to-troy-resources-as-workers-remain-off-the-job/

While I think try had this result in mind when laying off workers, they could not have worker sitting around doing nothing while the cease order was in place and no indication of when it would be lifted

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.