AMP 1.89% $1.08 amp limited

@Squeaks makes a cogent argument here. I agree the decks need to...

1. 455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    @Squeaks makes a cogent argument here. I agree the decks need to be cleared and have said this for a while - much to the chagrin of a number of the more optimistic posters who delusionally believed AMP would not be scarred by the RC.

As @Squeaks rightly points out - to date there has been no high level game plan shared as to what AMP intends to do "going forward". Its old business model is redundant and any attempt to resuscitate or re-assemble it under another guise would be suicidal. Remember AMP is not a speedboat - it is an ocean liner that moves and turns slowly. The reality is that it has an adviser force that is suffering badly from the reputational damage that has been inflicted on it, whilst at the same time trying to absorb the massive changes flowing from the RC recommendations as well as the new base level educational requirements coming out of FASEA.

There seems to me to be an absence of discussion around these cold hard 'facts" within these threads. IMO clearing the decks for Ferrari was a non-negotiable and will continue for some time, all incumbents are tarnished to a degree and his task will be not to throw the baby out with the bath water. This still leaves however what is "the plan" to redemption and recovery. This corporation has suffered some mortal wounds and its reputation is in tatters and will unfortunately for him receive plenty more veracious and capricious media attention tracking the outcomes of possible criminal proceedings as well as the Class actions circling. Regardless of the outcomes here - they will both serve as major distractions and consume valuable executive focus and resources accordingly - anyone arguing to the contrary is delusional.
    Bad things were done and the villagers want revenge, petinence, and accountability and they expect the regulators to follow through with this.

@Squeaks argument IMO is based on pure common sense - until the veil is lifted on what the "Go Forward Plan" is how could anyone sanely predict what the future for this business is. Unfortunately with still so many unknowns and un-quantifiable potential liabilities (how long is a piece of string - if one Class Action gets up then hold onto your hat) IMO Ferrari's job to devise such a plan is monumental with such a beast of a machine that has been rocked to its core. If he pulls this off he should be paid a lot more than he has been allocated thus far.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.08
Change
0.020(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $2.834B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.06 $1.08 $1.06 $25.50M 23.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 139193 $1.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 37879 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.