IGE 0.00% 13.0¢ integrated green energy solutions ltd

Ann: Amsterdam Site Update, page-25

1. 448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    Yes steel. There are huge magnets in all ACI batch houses I have visited over the past 15 years in Australia, that are scrapped regularly by batch housemen. Cullet and therefore any recycling sourced feed stock can contain basically anything. To the point that all cullet shipment is required to be visually expected by our at the time glass engineer and signed off. I have seen steel, dead cats, needles, bottle caps, pens, computer pcbs, tennis balls, and often simply just large volumes of plastic that visy or skm cannot sort, you name it it can be in recycling. As to your question/assumption regarding how recycled glass is processed "isn't it just melted?", that depends on the product you are trying to make. If you are using cullet to make insulation for instance it isn't simply melted. it is batched at very specific weight and ratio in a batched mix of soda ash, feldspar and sand, if the cullet contains a certain percentage of contaminants (those that are burned off in the furnace) then the ratio is wrong which can over many batches give a large discrepancy as to the contents contained in the pool and can cause from small viciousness issues through the spinners to huge catastrophic problems with the furnace 'freezing' and shutting down the plant. That is a week to month shutdown of a (in Australia) 100 man workforce 400m plant. Using recycled feed stock isn't done because it's easy. it's done because it presents an economic benefit 'IF' it's successful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.