SMN 0.00% 37.5¢ structural monitoring systems plc

I think on a Tardis-board basis or did I mean maybe ouija? … the...

1. 18,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3756
    I think on a Tardis-board basis or did I mean maybe ouija? … the middle wave of the secondary fifth set has the Freo Doctor* riding high to shores which remain, so far, mysterious?
    And speaking of winds..
    (*The Fremantle Doctor is the one that blows off the ocean in that locale during summer months, to often cool the coast on blazing afternoons)
    …are those of change ever going to visit here?
    My weather vane says: probably … however it doesn’t know which way or when.

So on the basis of that and to say hello and add something to the forum, here’s a share of some non price-relevant Sunday afternoon research as AEM gets on with supporting staff and, no doubt, others impacted by the horrendous Kelowna wildfires [recent update]
    … and SMN chairman, Ross Love, continues to progress his plans to relocate back to .. I’m guessing New York .. next year (but according to the last quarterly he’ll also be spending a significant amount of time in Kelowna)
    And Boeing continues to do its research into the APB?

…….. and all the sets of all the waves roll to shore, one after the other in a pulse that pre-dates even the invention of CVM back in the 1980s and the naming of the Freo doctor too.

And - speaking again of doctors - I have been looking a bit at Dr Dennis Roach.
    Many here know he’s now SMN’s ‘senior technical fellow’ and is a very long term associate/proponent of CVM tech.
    More history : Prior to his appointment to SMN and the setting up of his engineering firm - DR Engineering, Dennis used to head Sandia’s now closed Albuquerque Federal Aviation Administration Airworthiness Assurance Center which was operated for many years by Sandia Labs for the FAA, but which, in 2021, was relocated from New Mexico [ref] to Wichita State University .
    Previous management here had this department of Sandia doing lots of studies - initially I think for free - and then on a ‘paid for’ basis …​

CVM and BRIDGES:
    And I don’t know Dr Roach’s current financial status with SMN - but curiously despite Ross Love telling us last November that bridges are off the immediate agenda (see @Burnzie post [ Q:2 - 18/11/22 ], Dennis seems to still be following up on his long term drive to have CVM sensors recognised as a crack detector on bridges.

— He presented in July 2022 on this subject - in Barcelona at the Eleventh International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management - and will presumably also present at the next conference - to be held next June in Copenhagen (which has talk submissions due by Wednesday week (06/09/23).)
    Also - for the record - his Barcelona presentation warranted a chapter on CVM in the book I’ve linked in the spoiler.​

So bridges may not be on Ross Love’s near term maps, but they are still out there and Dr Roach remains keen?

Beyond the bridges he is definitely still promoting CVM to the aeronautical industry.
    Dr Roach and Paul Swindell (another long term researcher/presenter into SHM systems including CVM [how it looked according to Paul back in 2014]
    …will be on the podium this September 10 talking at the 14th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring (IWSHM) will be held at Stanford University, CA (as previously linked by @Hatrack .)

And our client/ (also soon to be reconfirmed sales agent?), Delta appears to be all over this workshop like a rash with Davis Piotrowski of Delta Tech Ops chairing proceedings
    https://iwshm2023.stanford.edu/aisc-2023/agenda

Will we have news before then?

And maybe Ross pulled Dr Roach off the bridges circuit after the Barcelona conference?

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2977 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 18827 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.