SMN 14.3% 48.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Ann: An update from the Executive Chairman, page-43

1. 18,216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3781
    Reading through that update again Ross does say that margins at AEM are increasing, along with sales and @sinbin your point;

…. seems significant and that paragraph towards the end jumps out at me more on every re-read of the announcement;
    “..We are investigating the value to shareholders of accelerating the development of our IP product line and the development of our CVMTM application programs. We believe we can leverage these programs to create stronger shareholder value.
    “The Board is committed to maximising the value of the Company to existing shareholders in all activities undertaken and will ensure any proposals are accretive and not dilutionary to shareholder positions….”

At the board meeting in Kelowna - way back on June 12 someone obviously proposed that the IP product line could be leveraged  …ie the unique  ‘intellectual property’ products are doing well enough to be used as collateral on another loan?.
    Could someone with more business savvy confirm this please?

And then is he saying they might propose to buy another business which is earnings accretive?

@Patong01
    Is so, this notion - proposing to buy another business (along with a raise?) - is what caused the Drake turmoil  back in 2021, I think according to Drake’s emails ?
    ie Anthony Faillace wrote he was unaware Toby Chandler proposed a capital raise and then to buy a new business, and subsequent emails https://www.smsrequisition.com/precipitating-events spoke to negotiations between Drake and the board  partly demanding that ‘no business worth more than $2m be bought without a North American-based CEO in place?’
    I presume a new business was already in the wings back in October 2021 or whenever it was?

Do you know -  for the sake of curiosity - from the recent conversations you mentioned the other day (or any others) if the same purchase opportunity is being raised again?

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
0.060(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $65.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.5¢ 48.0¢ 41.5¢ $71.34K 163.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.