SMN 1.33% 38.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Ann: An update from the Executive Chairman, page-44

1. 1,845 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346
    I know the P/E is based on net profit but the only data we have is the budgeted EBITDA. By the sound of things, the $3,554,076 could be exceeded as the amount in the budget was probably calculated some time ago & we are led to believe that revenue is likely to exceed the budget.
    I notice you have not posted any forward estimate on a basis of how to value the company. Some people are incapable of doing simple mathematics or knowing how to make calculations.
    A P/E of 20 or even lower is more likely further down the track when there is a more predictable revenue & profit estimation. When a company's share price starts to rise swiftly, a P/E of 50 or more is often the case. I believe my calculations based on a P/E of 30 is conservative.

Would it be a rough estimate to suggest that if SMN is able to negotiate a fee per aircraft for a licence, to be in the vicinity of $20,000 per annum.
    I suggest that figure on the basis that it was once suggested that a tier 1 airline would be asked to pay a maximum of $10 to $15 million per annum for a licence when a large number of their aircraft had been fitted with sensors. I made my calculation based on $10 million for 500 aircraft which equates to $20,000 per aircraft. It was suggested that additional aircraft would not incur any additional fee for a licence.

The question is "Will the use of CVM sensors make a saving of $200,000 per annum per aircraft". 10% of which is $20,000.

Just imagine the number of aircraft that potentially use CVM sensors & multiply by whatever the fee for a licence would be. That calculation would be just about 100% net profit plus the margin on the sale of sensors.

Food for thought. Is anyone able to suggest what the possible savings per aircraft, per annum would be using CVM sensors?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.005(1.33%)
Mkt cap ! $51.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.8¢ 39.5¢ 37.5¢ $27.97K 73.87K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 321 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 39338 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.