GAP 10.5% 10.5¢ gale pacific limited

Ann: Announcement of buy-back - Appendix 3C, page-21

1. 1,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1551
    I think you make a good point Peter, though I would argue the market for shade cloth is a steadily growing one thanks to the global warming issue.

As depicted in the image below, the number of 'hot days' in Australia has significantly increased in most areas since the 1970s.

In the 1950s and 60s, for example, in most Australian cities it would be unusual to have more than five extremely hot days per year, but since 2000 it has become fairly standard for most areas to have in excess of five extremely hot days each year, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.(http://www.bom.gov.au/state-of-the-climate/State-of-the-Climate-2016.pdf)[/sub]

My personal feeling is if this trend continues, local governments in Australia might be obliged to install shading on streets exposed to the sun, as the increasing number of extremely hot days could mean that just walking down the street during summer could become a health hazard for vulnerable groups in society such as the elderly or those in poor health. If this were to come to pass, it could translate into more local sales for Gale.

Anyway, that is looking to the long term. As for the short term, Gale Pacific is apparently in bullish chart pattern, according to the technical analysis thing Bell Direct sent to my inbox last Friday.

Recognia has detected a "Bottom Triangle" chart pattern formed on Gale Pacific Ltd (GAP:ASX). This bullish signal indicates that the stock price may rise from the close of 0.41 to the range of 0.65 - 0.71. The pattern formed over 461 days which is roughly the period of time in which the target price range may be achieved, according to standard principles of technical analysis.

Last edited by Inchiquin: 03/04/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GAP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.010(10.5%)
Mkt cap ! $29.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $184 1.842K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 248207 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 2515 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.27pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GAP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.