SSR 1.39% $8.03 ssr mining inc.

Ann: Announcing Suspension of Operations at Copler, page-21

1. 11,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 681
    I don't see this as anything compared to tailings dam collapse - the market seems to be thinking Samarco. The Turkish gov would be right to halt operations and demand evidence that nothing else is going to collapse before allowing operations to continue, and to enquire into potential safety lapses. Would they have deliberately taken chances with putting their heap leach pad on unstable elevated ground? I doubt it. There can be bad luck in seismic areas like Turkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_earthquakes_in_Turkey
    Ezrincan province has their own bunch of moderate earthquake epicentres.

Heap leach is only 40 koz out of over 200 koz. So we are not talking about anything that stops the whole mine for reasons other than regulatory and safety/stability checks.

Pretty much everything is there at the mine for Sulphides and can still be run without oxide. Might take a while to get permits for a new big heap leach pad - but they might be allowed to stack ore somewhere without irrigating it - after all that would be at their risk, and little environmental harm from such a small amount of ore, but still allows for utilising manpower productively.

Might be happy to have a cheap Goldie for a few years under the assumption that operations resume and are kicking along by then.

Anything can happen with the SP when the market is fearful - but the price fall seems irrational to me. Might be more sorry tomoz - lol - will find out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.03
Change
0.110(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $34.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.00 $8.08 $8.00 $53.28K 6.634K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $7.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.18 4 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SSR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.