GLB 4.62% $2.48 globe international limited

Ann: ANNUAL REPORT 2021, page-11

1. 1,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate, I mean, I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure Aussies are as frivolous as you make it seem? Or perhaps they are? I'm seeing more 80-90k utes being driven around like the Ford Raptor, Hilux and Dodge Ram etc.
    It sounds like it could be more of a marketing/market penetration related issue for FXD, rather than discretionary expenditure, but perhaps I am wrong on that? I suppose the question is, do tradesmen/women in UK/Europe and USA not invest in quality workwear they spend large hours in?
    One look at the success of tactical military segment like that of 5.11 or Oakley (with annual revenues upwards of $300m) tells me that FXD could find enormous potential tapping in to this market, by way of technical apparel.

Those government contracts are where the cream is found.
    This of course, is only one specific example.

Regardless of income levels, are people more likely to spend money on a singlet or boardshorts to go fishing in, or spend money on workwear that will most likely qualify for a tax exemption etc? They will spend a lot more time in their work uniforms than they will ever get to go fishing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.