SQ2 2.18% $100.67 block inc.

Jack from the Q3 report Yeah. I think there's even more room for...

1. 420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Jack from the Q3 report

Yeah. I think there's even more room for innovation and invention and growth. To be very frank, I believe we were getting in our own way throughout the company. As I dug in through both the lens of Square and also our investment framework, I just found a lot of silos, a lot of redundancy, a lot of kind of a lack of desire for teams to work together.So, I think a lot of what's been holding us back is cultural, and that we need to reinvest in why we're building an ecosystem of ecosystem model and how powerful that is. And then number two is around just our structure. We had unclear decision-making throughout the company, which led to a lot of slowness, especially on the Square side. So, we've been spending the past few weeks just looking at all of that and looking at all of our intersections with our foundational teams, our HR and counsel and financial teams, and making sure that we approach that work very lightly so that we can focus a lot more on getting products and features to our sellers and to our Cash App customers much, much faster.
    https://www.theinformation.com/articles/inside-the-war-between-square-and-cash-app-at-dorseys-block

Yes it does worry me. When Square started Cash App it was set up as a totally separate company with in Square . The 2 parts had little to do with each other. My bull thesis for Block revolves around Jack being able to integrate Square Cash App and Afterpay into one ecosystem. I saw this article some time ago. Sounds like Jack is having some cultural issues integrating the 3 teams. Mergers are hard and when Afterpay joined Sqare it was like 3 separate companies merging. I believe this may be why Alyssa Henry left so quickly. Jack talked about it briefly in the Q3 call. Hopefully he can get on top of it. Hard to know what is going on from the outside but worth keeping a watch on if you are a Block shareholder.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SQ2 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$100.67
Change
-2.240(2.18%)
Mkt cap ! $3.954B
Open High Low Value Volume
$101.37 $101.37 $100.42 $56.90M 562.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 4144 $100.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$100.91 1497 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$100.80
  Change
-2.240 ( 1.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$101.21 $101.22 $100.44 9154
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
SQ2 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.