TYR 2.21% 92.5¢ tyro payments limited

I happened to buy in this morning before seeing that news....

1. 8 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I happened to buy in this morning before seeing that news. Perhaps it's just my optimism, but it would be a long bow to draw to say that the exemption granted to a former CEO of the company will materially affect share price in the long term. If anything, the articles I have found read more like a criticism of the Government, not Tyro.

For anyone interested, here's a summary of my thesis buying in:
    • Listed in 2019, appears to be making good headway in the market for electronic payments. Went from nil revenue in 2019 to 206m in 2020.
    • Revenue is earned from taking a cut of POS transactions, but also rental and sale of POS hardware.
    • Substantial shareholders buying in during Mar and Apr 20 at low prices.
    • Only owes $2m in long term debt, total debt $7.4m.
    • $103m cashpile post 2019 IPO, promising in an environment where many companies are needing to raise cash.
      • Electronic transactions have not necessarily dipped substantially during COVID in a way that is likely to be long term. Cash payments almost non-existent in the economy now.
    • Recommendations from Montgomery and TMS Capital, and 2 x other brokers on Bell Direct platform.
    • Increasingly seen in person when conducting electronic payments.
    • Strong themes of transparency of reporting during COVID, and sustainable management in annual report.
    • Currently unprofitable, but with revenue.
    • Risks:
      • Interest coverage of -70. Nowhere near enough EBIT to cover interest payments.
      • 67% of outstanding shares held by the top 20 shareholders (source: Morningstar).

As for the regulation issue, I'm struggling to find any reporting on this. Can anyone provide a link that explains the issue?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.5¢
Change
0.020(2.21%)
Mkt cap ! $485.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
91.5¢ 93.0¢ 91.0¢ $873.7K 946.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 22167 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 182328 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.