CTP 2.04% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

Ann: Annual Report to shareholders, page-39

1. 6,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2506
    Kriptic,

Yes I saw that posted above - funny that he quoted me! I do like his blog posts though, I think he has excellent perception of HC.

ravi,

I agree about RC's communication of Surprise, but I suppose perhaps they are still weighing up their options so don't want to announce anything definitive. I do think that there needs to be better communication with shareholders about the reasons for not drilling it, though. It's logical that the underperformance of Surprise is a major reason behind the delay but it's only an inference on my part.

I don't think I would agree that Surprise results are not surprising because the well was unfinished. The well flowed fine during the EPT so the fact it was only a short lateral obviously was not an issue then. In fact it flowed so well that I recall criticism being directed at CTP from some quarters for drilling the lateral at all - some thought a vertical would have sufficed. That is obviously not the case now, and while a full length lateral certainly wouldn't have hurt, it might not have helped much either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $3.156K 63.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200979 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 159438 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.43pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.