NWH 0.98% $3.09 nrw holdings limited

pb, Call me an optimist but rather than "think they will not...

1. 248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    pb,

Call me an optimist but rather than "think they will not break even", what they have actually said is that they do not expect to negotiate an outcome that will allow them to break even. Subtle but significant

The consequence is that they have not and cannot book any recovery beyond what has been awarded / arbitrated.

I am also interpreting the inability to negotiate an outcome as implying that they will need to pursue legal avenues/arbitration to achieve redress. In that regard I suspect that NWH will be seen to have acted in good faith. It always helps in any legal dispute.

I will be surprised if this issue is resolved in a the next twelve months . It could be three or four years.

At some point there may be some settlement based on the parties expectation of likely outcome. NWH may have to reduce its claim to achieve an earlier outcome. If Samsung thinks that NWH has a weak case then they will hang in and stretch the timeline. It is understandable that NWH are reluctant to divulge the amount in dispute. (even to its owners!) to give themselves room to negotiate a settlement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.09
Change
0.030(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $1.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.06 $3.12 $3.03 $5.690M 1.840M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 9359 $3.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.10 17386 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.