MYR 1.27% 80.0¢ myer holdings limited

Ann: Annual Report to Shareholders, page-4

1. 10,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    At about 1230 AEDT today, I was at MYR's Little Bourke St, Melbourne CBD 'click'n'collect' pickup point.

There were four other shoppers in the queue, with two assistants serving. The gent ahead of me picked up two items. It was good that all the others were female as fashion changes with the seasons, so really important that MYR can move its inventory.

It was pleasing upon sneaking a quick look behind the dividers (from the counter where I was being served) to observe rows of many items, each with a MYR bag. Hard to estimate how many but from memory there may have been three shelves either side of the walkway. At a guess, a few hundred items. Given that many people pick these up on the day they're notified by an email from MYR, the shelves would constantly be replenished.

Since the Melbourne CBD has become - temporarily one hopes - a most unpleasant place with police in groups of up to six, several Public Order Response Team black ominous looking vans patrolling and even three police along Little Bourke St with one footpath partly roped off (earthquake damage, or a predicted protest so narrowing the street?), you'd think many would be opting for delivery not collection from the flagship store.

If deliveries are far more numerous than what was waiting to be collected, MYR must be recording reasonable sales. However sadly it's unlikely to be as much as when physical stores are open.

At least Sydney with its new NSW Premier will beat Melbourne to the punch in allowing MYR to reopen its stores.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.