MSB 1.53% 99.5¢ mesoblast limited

If in the CLBP phase III if the participants were instructed not...

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 666

If in the CLBP phase III if the participants were instructed not to change their medication, and in fact there was a decrease in opioid use in the Rex-L arm, wouldn't this suggest that our pain score improvements would have been even greater/significant if in fact those that came off opioids didn't. Surely this would help our pain scores in the Rex-L arm (i.e. pain scores further reduced if some opioids added back in).

Don't get me wrong: I am more than happy that Rex-L had an opioid sparing effect (for us and for the patients)! However, I strongly believe our pain scores would be even better if we compared apples to apples if everyone was compliant with the trial and continued taking their usual medications. I wonder if some form of statistical modelling can tease out wheather our pain scores would have been better/more significant if participants did indeed follow the instruction to keep medications the same? I suppose this is a given and we have the added selling point now of opioid sparing as well as pain reduction. Wonder if the FDA would take my point into account that our pain scores would have been even better most likely.

What I am trying to say is that I don't want to pigeon hole Rex-L just for its opioid sparing effects (I want it to treat as many people with CLBP as possible - myself included one day soon).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
0.015(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.167B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.01 $1.04 99.0¢ $3.168M 3.120M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 101529 99.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 93796 37
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.27pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.