TBR 0.90% $3.30 tribune resources limited

I wasn't trying to mislead. It's a couple of years since I've...

1. 1,297 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 253
    I wasn't trying to mislead. It's a couple of years since I've looked at the accounts in any great detail and it was FIFO when I last looked. It seems they changed their valuation method after the 2019 accounts - in that year and prior years FIFO was used.

Had a quick look and couldn't find a note showing how this change in method affected the accounts.

More detail to understand the number of ozs held is really what is needed. The change in method just reduces the distortion it doesn't remove it when inventory is created over a number of years - especially when margins have reduced so drastically. The level of profit/loss on each oz is still hidden for current production.

Copied from the 2019 accounts:

Inventories
    Inventories are stated at the lower of cost and net realisable value on a 'first in first out' basis. Cost comprises direct
    materials and delivery costs, direct labour, import duties and other taxes, an appropriate proportion of variable and fixed
    overhead expenditure based on normal operating capacity, and, where applicable, transfers from cash flow hedging
    reserves in equity. Costs of purchased inventory are determined after deducting rebates and discounts received or
    receivable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.30
Change
-0.030(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $173.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.33 $3.33 $3.30 $53.22K 16.03K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2321 $3.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.33 422 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.