QPM 0.00% 3.3¢ queensland pacific metals limited

Ann: Annual Report to shareholders, page-59

1. 5,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2140
    It's true that this is not a fundamental change, at least not substantial enough to rationally care about, but it's still true that the market is very unforgiving and completely irrational.

This reality being the case, if you change your guidance from 'late Q3-early Q4' to 'Q4' at the turn of the quarter after already having multiple delays, you are going to temporarily crash the share price. Maybe that's due to the market being stupid, but it is still the actual reality.

It's true that you shouldn't overpromise, especially after multiple delays, unless you don't mind seeing the share price crash and the market respond less favourably to future company guidance. Even if the market is irrational, if it's highly predictable, it's only rational to understand that, and irrational to deny clear reality.

I don't see anyone here panicking, but they should be careful about what promises/guidance they give, and the market will indeed punish them today. Management should simply have initially said 'by the end of CY2022' and no one would ever have complained or been upset, and we'd probably still have a share price in the 20s. Alternatively, we could be thankful for what they've done, because my average buy is around the current share price, not in the 20s.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $83.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.3¢ 3.0¢ $425.0K 13.49M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100556 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 759250 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.