3DP 1.96% 5.2¢ pointerra limited

Ann: Annual Report to shareholders, page-18

1. 5,650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2854
    Hey skinsy,

Might have to agree to disagree about visibility. I wish all the companies I hold would issue Q updates the way Pointerra does in terms of current and prospective activities on a customer-by-customer, sector-by-sector basis, technical development/R&D and Corporate/Compliance. The last Q Activities Update ran to 20 pages.

Notwithstanding, for some reason you prompted me to look at the Nearmap chart.

For anyone who didn't know - I didn't - on 15 August NEA "received a non-binding indication of interest from Thoma Bravo L.P. a leading software investment firm, to acquire 100% of the shares in Nearmap for $2.10 cash per share.

The Proposal at $2.10 cash per share implies a fully diluted equity valuation of approximately $1,055 million for Nearmap,
    and represents:

• an 83% premium to Nearmap’s closing price of $1.15 on Tuesday 5 July 2022, being the day prior to the initial
    receipt of the Proposal;

• a 67% premium to Nearmap’s 6-month volume weighted average price of $1.26 to Friday 12 August 2022,
    being the last trading day prior to this announcement; and

• a 39% premium to Nearmap’s closing price of $1.51 on Friday 12 August 2022, being the last trading day prior
    to this announcement.

Thoma Bravo is one of the largest private equity firms in the world with more than US$114 billion in assets under
    management, investing in growth-oriented, innovative companies in the software and technology sectors. Over the past
    20 years, the firm has acquired or invested in more than 380 companies representing over US$190 billion in enterprise
    value.

Could be just me, but given Pointerra's proximity to Nearmap, and Thoma Bravo's voracious appetite for acquistion, it is almost inconceivable that Pointerra is not on their radar.

Might go some way to explaining the range-bound SP of late.

Entirely my own speculation, but something to think about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $41.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $18.26K 353.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 111276 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 48895 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.